What is a class?
A class is a collection of methods and variables. It defines the data and the behaviour of a type. It is like a blueprint or template from which objects are created. A class is declared once. A class doesn’t allocated memory when it is created.
What is an object?
An object is an instance of a class. An object is created many times per requirement. Object allocates memory when it is created. An object consists of :
- State : It is represented by attributes of an object. It also reflects the properties of an object.
- Behavior : It is represented by methods of an object. It also reflects the response of an object with other objects.
- Identity : It gives a unique name to an object and enables one object to interact with other objects.
What is inheritance?
Inheritance is a feature which allows code reusability. In inheritance one class includes properties of another class. It provides code reusability. It is used to achieve runtime polymorphism.
What is polymorphism?
In polymorphosm a task is performed in different ways. In Java we use overloading and overriding to achieve polymorphism
What is abstraction?
Abstraction means hiding internal details and showing only the required functionality to the outside world. In Java we use abstact class and interface to achieve abstaction.
What is encapsulation?
In encapsulation we bind code and data together in a single unit. In java we use classes to achieve encapsulation
What are the advantages of OOPs?
* It makes development and maintenance easier. * Provides data hiding
What are anonymous objects?
Anonymous objects are the objects that are instantiated but are not stored in a reference variable.
- They are used for immediate method calling.
- They will be destroyed after method calling.
- They are widely used in different libraries. For example, in AWT libraries, they are used to perform some action on capturing an event(eg a key press).
What are access modifiers (specifiers)?
Access modifiers are keywords that are used for data hiding in object oriented programming. In Java - public, private, protected and default
What are abstract class?
Abstract classes are created by placing abstract keyword before class name. Abstract classes are classes that contains both abstract and non abstact methods.Abstract classes/methods are generally used when a class provides some high level functionality but leaves out certain details to be implemented by derived classes. Making the class/method abstract ensures that it cannot be used on its own, but must be specialized to define the details that have been left out of the high level implementation.
Author Ashish Doneriya
LastMod March 6, 2019